How can we help you?
- Report a possible phishing attempt
- I need to complete Security Awareness Training
- I need to reset or recertify my CNetID or password.
- I want to know how to use two-factor authentication.
- I need an SSL, code signing, or some other kind of security certificate.
- Report a possible compromise or other security incident
- I have a question about security for my application or have my application reviewed.
- My account was locked for spamming or due to some other security issue.
- I need access to phone records, emails, or other data for an investigation or personnel matter.
- I’m traveling and received an email asking that I contact the security team.
- My computer or phone was blocked from the network due to a virus detection.
- I want to send the security team a report about a security vulnerability or some other issue I discovered.
- A website I tried to visit is blocked and erroneously listed as suspicious. What do I do?
Listed below are the latest phishing scams that have been acted upon by Information Security. Think you’ve received a phishing email? Don’t click it, report it.
From: "Barton, Katelyn" <KBarton@Rockfordschools.org> Sent: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 18:53:11 +000 Subject: Send data from efaxMFL-07103921 [B8366+Qx6W98AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC] You have a new fax! Click the attachment to view. VIEW & DOWNLOAD HERE...
From: Support <email@example.com> Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 4:24 AM Subject: You have been added to a new team . ...
From: <variable email address> Date: <variable dates> Subject: Institute of Politics Please open the attached document. hxxp://uchicago.edu/school/6e8fd7ctm/ - Uchicago www.uchicago.edu
Check here for the latest security alerts that may affect you.
Written by Craig Drake, Information Security Engineer (ITS) IT Security has detected a new email scam that began affecting the University of Chicago community yesterday, December 13. The scam has been widely reported at other higher education institutions. The email...
Written by Kendall R Williams, Information Security Engineer (ITS) Have you ever received a threatening phone call from the IRS, Social Security Administration, or perhaps from the Chinese Consulate? Phone scams are on the rise, especially during this time of year...
Written by Kendall R Williams, Information Security Engineer (ITS) You may want to react to this new email scam, but don’t. From: Bad Guy <firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>> Subject: <username> - SEuJ5Kyb Lets get right to the purpose....
What is Meltdown and Spectre? You may have heard about Meltdown and Spectre in the news these past few days. There is a lot of confusing information out there since these vulnerabilities were revealed to the public much earlier than anticipated - so we're going to...