- Reset or recertify a CNetID or password.
- Report a possible compromise or other security incident.
- Ask a question about security for an application or get an application reviewed.
- Review a user account that was locked for spamming or other security concern.
- Get access to phone records, emails, or other data for an investigation or personnel matter.
- Respond to requests to contact the security team.
- Get help with a device blocked due to virus detection.
- Submit a report about a security vulnerability or some other security issue
- Report a website erroneously listed as suspicious and have it unblocked
The IT Services Security team works to protect the University’s networks from malicious computer attacks, service interruptions, and network harassment. As part of this mission, we seek to:
- Identify, contain, and prevent the propagation of malicious traffic on the campus network;
- Provide education, tools, and consulting support to University IT staff in order to best protect their information assets and members of the University community;
- Perform investigative services at the request of University governing bodies;
- Contribute to University-wide efforts to make certain that everyone in our community consistently adheres to all information-related laws, regulations, and policies.