How can we help you?
- Report a possible phishing attempt
- I need to complete Security Awareness Training
- I need to reset or recertify my CNetID or password.
- I want to know how to use two-factor authentication.
- I need an SSL, code signing, or some other kind of security certificate.
- Report a possible compromise or other security incident
- I have a question about security for my application or have my application reviewed.
- My account was locked for spamming or due to some other security issue.
- I need access to phone records, emails, or other data for an investigation or personnel matter.
- I’m traveling and received an email asking that I contact the security team.
- My computer or phone was blocked from the network due to a virus detection.
- I want to send the security team a report about a security vulnerability or some other issue I discovered.
- A website I tried to visit is blocked and erroneously listed as suspicious. What do I do?
Listed below are the latest phishing scams that have been acted upon by Information Security. Think you’ve received a phishing email? Don’t click it, report it.
Email Scam (Nov 15, 2018): “[Voicemail] New missed call from +12024561111 forward on November 14, 2018, 09:27 PM”
From: New Missed Call Date: Nov 15, 2018 1:27 AM Subject: [Voicemail] New missed call from +12024561111 forward on November 14, 2018, 09:27 PM New Voice Message from (202) 456-1111 Organization: @uchicago.edu You missed a call from +1(202) 456-1111 forward on November...read more
Email Scam (Nov 13, 2018): “[Receipt] Thanks for your recent Subscription for 1 month Tue Nov 13 2018 19:59:46 GMT+0800 (HKT) “
From: "AppStore ID" Subject: [Receipt] Thanks for your recent Subscription for 1 month Tue Nov 13 2018 19:59:46 GMT+0800 (HKT) Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 11:59:46 +0000 Apple Subscription Confirmation All Access Pass Spotify Premium (1 months) $12.99 This email confirms...read more
From: Michelle Vendetti Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 6:07:58 AM Subject: Training Workshop & Seminar Good morning, You are cordially invited to a three days all expense paid Training Workshop & Seminar for Educators in the state of Illinois taking place in Chicago,...read more
Check here for the latest security alerts that may affect you.
Written by Kendall R Williams, Information Security Engineer (ITS) Have you ever received a threatening phone call from the IRS, Social Security Administration, or perhaps from the Chinese Consulate? Phone scams are on the rise, especially during this time of year...
Written by Kendall R Williams, Information Security Engineer (ITS) You may want to react to this new email scam, but don’t. From: Bad Guy Subject: - SEuJ5Kyb Lets get right to the purpose. You don't know me and you are most likely thinking why you are getting this...
What is Meltdown and Spectre? You may have heard about Meltdown and Spectre in the news these past few days. There is a lot of confusing information out there since these vulnerabilities were revealed to the public much earlier than anticipated - so we're going to...