How can we help you?
- Report a possible phishing attempt
- I need to complete Security Awareness Training
- I need to reset or recertify my CNetID or password.
- I want to know how to use two-factor authentication.
- I need an SSL, code signing, or some other kind of security certificate.
- Report a possible compromise or other security incident
- I have a question about security for my application or have my application reviewed.
- My account was locked for spamming or due to some other security issue.
- I need access to phone records, emails, or other data for an investigation or personnel matter.
- I’m traveling and received an email asking that I contact the security team.
- My computer or phone was blocked from the network due to a virus detection.
- I want to send the security team a report about a security vulnerability or some other issue I discovered.
- A website I tried to visit is blocked and erroneously listed as suspicious. What do I do?
Listed below are the latest phishing scams that have been acted upon by Information Security. Think you’ve received a phishing email? Don’t click it, report it.
From: uchicago.edu - Voicemail &;t;firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2019 9:48 AM Subject: Re: VM From Sarah (URGENT) nnn-nnn-nnnn You have received a new message to you via Blackboard System....read more
From: Support Administrator Date: Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 1:53 PM Subject: Fwd: Mandatory Email Verification #6832 You have received a new message to you via Blackboard System. http://email@example.com/messagecenter Greetings, University of...read more
From: Gretchen Crosby Sims Sent: Monday, March 18, 2019 6:19 PM Subject: Request I need a favour from you kindly email me back as soon as possible Regrads, Gretchen Crosby Sims Executive Director sent from my ipadread more
Check here for the latest security alerts that may affect you.
Written by Craig Drake, Information Security Engineer (ITS) IT Security has detected a new email scam that began affecting the University of Chicago community yesterday, December 13. The scam has been widely reported at other higher education institutions. The email...
Written by Kendall R Williams, Information Security Engineer (ITS) Have you ever received a threatening phone call from the IRS, Social Security Administration, or perhaps from the Chinese Consulate? Phone scams are on the rise, especially during this time of year...
Written by Kendall R Williams, Information Security Engineer (ITS) You may want to react to this new email scam, but don’t. From: Bad Guy <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: - SEuJ5Kyb Lets get right to the purpose. You don't know me and you are most likely thinking...
What is Meltdown and Spectre? You may have heard about Meltdown and Spectre in the news these past few days. There is a lot of confusing information out there since these vulnerabilities were revealed to the public much earlier than anticipated - so we're going to...