How can we help you?
- Report a possible phishing attempt
- I need to complete Security Awareness Training
- I need to reset or recertify my CNetID or password.
- I want to know how to use two-factor authentication.
- I need an SSL, code signing, or some other kind of security certificate.
- Report a possible compromise or other security incident
- I have a question about security for my application or have my application reviewed.
- My account was locked for spamming or due to some other security issue.
- I need access to phone records, emails, or other data for an investigation or personnel matter.
- I’m traveling and received an email asking that I contact the security team.
- My computer or phone was blocked from the network due to a virus detection.
- I want to send the security team a report about a security vulnerability or some other issue I discovered.
- A website I tried to visit is blocked and erroneously listed as suspicious. What do I do?
Listed below are the latest phishing scams that have been acted upon by Information Security. Think you’ve received a phishing email? Don’t click it, report it.
From: Date: Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:45 PM Subject: - It seems that, , is your password. You may not know me and you're probably thinking why you are getting this e-mail, correct? In fact, I placed a malware on the adult videos (pornography) web site and do you know...read more
From: Erin Wilder [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] Sent: Monday, July 09, 2018 7:36 AM Subject: Outlook Exceeded Your Outlook Exceeded its storage limit Click here fill and SUBMIT for more space or you wont be able to send...read more
From: Kosukhina Alena [mailto:email@example.com] Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2018 1:05 PM Subject: Mail Quota 131 MB Your University of Chicago Outlook mailbox space is full and need to be updated now by clicking this upgrade web link>:>>> http://cort.as/-7r26 Note:...read more
Check here for the latest security alerts that may affect you.
What is Meltdown and Spectre? You may have heard about Meltdown and Spectre in the news these past few days. There is a lot of confusing information out there since these vulnerabilities were revealed to the public much earlier than anticipated - so we're going to...