How can we help you?
- I need to complete Security Awareness Training
- I need to reset or recertify my CNetID or password.
- I want to know how to use two-factor authentication.
- I need an SSL, code signing, or some other kind of security certificate.
- Report a possible compromise or other security incident
- I have a question about security for my application or have my application reviewed.
- My account was locked for spamming or due to some other security issue.
- I need access to phone records, emails, or other data for an investigation or personnel matter.
- I’m traveling and received an email asking that I contact the security team.
- My computer or phone was blocked from the network due to a virus detection.
- I want to send the security team a report about a security vulnerability or some other issue I discovered.
- A website I tried to visit is blocked and erroneously listed as suspicious. What do I do?
Listed below are the latest phishing scams that have been acted upon by Information Security. Think you’ve received a phishing email? Don’t click it, report it.
From: Account Upgrade <email@example.com> Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 3:48 AM Subject: Email Account Suspension <cnetid>@uchicago.edu Your mailbox will expire on JANUARY 18TH, 2018 Dear <cnetid>@uchicago.edu, We are currently...read more
From: Email Support <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: January 12, 2018 at 3:03:43 PM CST To: email@example.com Subject: RE: Verify #8427 Dear User, Your Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org will be disabled within 48 hours. Kindly verify your email now to keep using...read more
From: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> on behalf of Di Yang <email@example.com> Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:09 PM Subject: [Gargoyle-tech] Important Notice On Your Email Account Important...read more
Check here for the latest security alerts that may affect you.
What is Meltdown and Spectre? You may have heard about two big vulnerabilities in the news these past few days, Meltdown (CVE-2017-5754) and Spectre (CVE-2017-5753, CVE-2017-5715). These vulnerabilities can be used to leak information from protected processes by...