How can we help you?
- Report a possible phishing attempt
- I need to reset or recertify my CNetID or password.
- I want to know how to use two-factor authentication.
- I need an SSL, code signing, or some other kind of security certificate.
- Report a possible compromise or other security incident
- I have a question about security for my application or have my application reviewed.
- My account was locked for spamming or due to some other security issue.
- I need access to phone records, emails, or other data for an investigation or personnel matter.
- I’m traveling and received an email asking that I contact the security team.
- My computer or phone was blocked from the network due to a virus detection.
- I want to send the security team a report about a security vulnerability or some other issue I discovered.
- A website I tried to visit is blocked and erroneously listed as suspicious. What do I do?
Listed below are the latest phishing scams that have been acted upon by Information Security. Think you’ve received a phishing email? Don’t click it, report it.
From: Solera Holdington Subject: EMPLOYMENT OFFER Date: 08-29-2023 Good Day Staff & Students. The University of Chicago Employment Offer This message is from the Campus Job Placement & Student Services. In Accordance with the work and study regulations of...
From Andrea Jones <adjones @ liverpool[.]k12[.]ny[.]us> Subject Paul Alivisatos shared a document with you as a user Date/Time 2023/08/13 or 2023/08/14 - time variable
Check here for the latest security alerts that may affect you.
Protecting your work devices is essential whether you are working on campus or remotely. One of the easiest ways to keep your device and information secure is to keep your software and apps updated and to use a safe network. Avoiding these steps can present an open...
In today’s digital landscape, securing your online accounts is vital. Multi-factor authentication (MFA) serves as a security defense to protect yourself against cybercriminals. MFA requires anyone logging into an account to navigate a multi-step process to prove their...
Are you intrigued by the idea of pursuing a career in cybersecurity but find the IT landscape overwhelming? If so, you're not alone! Many people in the IT or cybersecurity field didn't start with a degree in those areas or follow a traditional path. (Lance Spitzner is...
One of the easiest ways to keep your information secure is to keep your software and apps updated. Update often. Always keep your software updated when updates becomes available and don’t delay. These updates fix general software problems and provide new security...